A storytelling platform showcasing the lives changed by a university
Capilano University is a public university nestled in the mountains of North Vancouver. Capilano wanted to create an experiential and interactive digital platform to showcase the school and its creative community. Capilano approached us to build on our past design work and create a home for these stories.
- Creative direction and designs for the online storytelling platform: Capsule
- Reusable, modular front-end templates ready to become an online hub for immersive storytelling
- Updates to information architecture to highlight the stories and improve user experience
- Updated digital style guide to reflect creative direction, brand differentiators, naming and layout design
- Taxonomy and guidelines for storytelling
We collaborated with Capilano's editorial team on this project, as they had deep knowledge of these stories. We needed a way to showcase the stories while leave room for creative differences between tales. We worked with Capilano’s existing stylesheets to build efficiencies into the work process. We also needed to reformat and rework stories from the Capilano 50-year anniversary site and find a home for them in the new hub.
What happened next?
The reusable templates we created for Capilano's Capsule were used beyond the platform to tell Capilano's story in a more visual way.
We continue to work with Capilano on multiple projects that focus on improving user experience across the site.