We’re looking for a full-time Development Director to join our team.
We need a leader who can guide our development and QA teams, ensuring that each team member is on a meaningful career path, and ensuring that our team’s skills and experience are aligned to the needs of our current and emerging customers.
You’ll lead our front-end, back-end, and quality assurance teams, ensuring an effective system of coaching and mentorship. You’ll verify that our teams have appropriate skills and certifications and develop learning plans for individuals to help them level up. You’ll identify future team needs and work with our PeopleOps team to grow a talent pipeline.
Day-to-day you’ll work as part of the Leadership team to review upcoming work, plan team capacity, evaluate new work opportunities, contribute to the sales process by providing technical responses and estimates to proposals, and develop training programs for our core technologies. You’ll support teams with troubleshooting issues and provide technical mentorship. You won’t always have your hands on the code, but you should be ready and willing to dive in where needed.
We expect that as a Director you’ll grow and evolve these responsibilities to fit the future needs of the business as well as your own style and strengths.
- You’ll coach our developers and quality assurance analysts, ensuring that their performance aligns to company values and meets our service standard
- You’ll ensure that your team members are engaged in a meaningful learning plan and participating in bi-weekly 1:1s
- You’ll be responsible for reporting back to the Leadership team on team capacity and alignment issues that could impact our ability to meet our clients’ service needs
- You’ll work with People Operations to craft job descriptions and engage in the hiring and on-boarding processes for the development team
- You’ll be responsible for the quality of development work that we deliver, setting standards and evaluating the quality of work your team produces
- You’ll liaise with the Creative and Strategy teams to ensure that we’re working in an efficient and optimized way during project delivery
- You’ll liaise with the Products team on process and standards to ensure that our projects produce performance and security outcomes that comply with our service level agreements
- You’ll support the Director, Managed Application Services in evaluating security release severity and assist in the roll out of patches across projects as required
- You’ll oversee our release and configuration management processes
- You’ll support our sales process by contributing content and estimates to proposals and supporting shortlist presentations. You’ll help the sales team to evaluate new opportunities
- You’ll provide technical communication between internal teams and clients to help resolve technical uncertainty on projects
- You’ll work as part of the senior leadership team, planning and executing company strategy
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a management role with a strong understanding of development practices and knowledge of the software development industry
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in web development and enterprise CMS
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing a team of 10+ developers
- Experience with the software release management process and management of the software development lifecycle
- Consistently practice strong organizational, communication, project management, negotiation, facilitation, and problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Some travel may be required
- Attributes required for this position include: Strong on process. Strong on relationship-building. Strong on coaching and mentoring. Strong on negotiation skills. Strong on organization and planning skills.
- Current or prior Drupal certifications are an asset