We are looking for someone who gets excited about using technology to craft impactful solutions to public sector challenges. You’ll use web standards and best practices to create robust and scalable applications; you don’t believe in band-aid solutions.
We’re not going to tell you what to do – we’re counting on you to figure out the real problem and how to solve it. We don’t expect you to be an expert at everything to start, but a developer who is willing to learn something new and start solving interesting interface and user experience problems. We need someone that’s not afraid to ask questions or pipe up with new ideas. We want you to be ready, willing, and excited to keep up with the industry.
You’ll need to be fluent in “Drupal-ese”, understanding what content types, views, templates, configuration management, and modules are, and how to configure them. You should be comfortable writing your own custom modules using PHP to integrate with APIs and confident in your debugging skills.
- Implement Drupal content types, views, and modules to build out complex sites
- Work with technical architects to implement and extend our frameworks, and create modules that can be reused across projects
- Support front-end developers on Drupal Theming and customizations
- Work with our hosted solutions team to support deployments
- Work with a wide range of web services to display static and dynamic content
- Build and document easy-to-use content author interfaces
- Collaborate with the rest of the development team to solve problems and make things better
- Find better ways to deliver projects all the time
- Work with content authors and clients to make their tasks easier so they can create better content
- A degree or diploma in computer science or a related field or comparable accreditation is an asset but not necessary
- 3+ years experience in web or application development, or a related field
- You have some experience with LAMP systems
- Experience working in PHP frameworks such as Symfony or Laravel
- Experience working with Drupal or another PHP based CMS
- You should have excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities
- You have some experience with Git or other version control systems
- Ability to work in multiple projects and manage multiple tasks with minimum or little supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience communicating and working with clients one-on-one and in groups
- Current or prior Drupal certifications are an asset