We’re looking for a full-time Drupal Developer.
Your new job-to-be
We are looking for someone who gets excited about using technology to craft impactful solutions to public sector challenges. You’ll use web standards and best practices to create robust and scalable applications; you don’t believe in band-aid solutions.
We’re not going to tell you what to do – we’re counting on you to figure out the real problem and how to solve it. We don’t expect you to be an expert at everything to start, but a developer who is willing to learn something new and start solving interesting interface and user experience problems. We need someone that’s not afraid to ask questions or pipe up with new ideas. We want you to be ready, willing, and excited to keep up with the industry.
You’ll need to be fluent in “Drupal-ese”, understanding what content types, views, templates, configuration management, and modules are, and how to configure them. You should be comfortable writing your own custom modules using PHP to integrate with APIs and confident in your debugging skills.
- Implement Drupal content types, views, and modules to build out complex sites
- Work with technical architects to implement and extend our frameworks, and create modules that can be reused across projects
- Support front-end developers on Drupal Theming and customizations
- Work with our hosted solutions team to support deployments
- Work with a wide range of web services to display static and dynamic content
- Build and document easy-to-use content author interfaces
- Collaborate with the rest of the development team to solve problems and make things better
- Find better ways to deliver projects all the time
- Work with content authors and clients to make their tasks easier so they can create better content
The thanks you’ll get
- Competitive compensation rates
- Feedback based on regular 1:1s, 3-month and annual touchpoints with Leadership
- Medical, dental, and extended health benefits
- Annual health spending account
- Monthly fitness subsidy
- Annual education allowance
As our next Drupal Developer, you’ll be joining our Edmonton or Vancouver team.
Who you are
We care about our culture here at YP. Your personality is just as important to us as your qualifications. We’re looking for somebody who is:
Interested and motivated
Our industry is changing every second. We need you to be ready, willing, and excited to keep up with it.
Already awesome, but ready to be awesomer
Be ready to get your hands dirty (not with actual dirt. Intellectual dirt). We won’t tell you what to do, we’ll collaborate with you to discover the best way to do it.
Always trying to get better
Training and development is a huge part of our values. We want you to be good at what you do, but we also want you to look for ways to get even better.
Ready to make an impact
The best part of Yellow Pencil? Anyone can help change how the company works. Got a better idea? Shout it out. Thought of something new? Make it happen.
Good on paper
Okay, your qualifications are important too.
- A degree or diploma in computer science or a related field or comparable accreditation is an asset but not necessary
- 3+ years experience in web or application development, or a related field
- Experience communicating and working with clients one-on-one and in groups
- Experience working in PHP frameworks such as Symfony or Laravel
- Experience working with Drupal or another PHP based CMS
- You should have excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities
- You have some experience with LAMP systems
- You have some experience with Git or other version control systems
- Ability to work in multiple projects and manage multiple tasks with minimum or little supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
But hey, if your background doesn’t quite match up with this list, but you know you’ll be a perfect fit – tell us why. We’ll listen.
To be a catalyst for the digital transformation of the public sector.
- We value both collaboration and reflection
- We value both insight and optimization
- We value both craft and discipline
Working at Yellow Pencil means:
- A constant commitment to learning and growth
- Delivering the highest quality work possible on every project
- A people-first workplace. We want you to love being here as much as we do
- Work/life balance. We like that people have lives outside of the office
So apply now!
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, and tell us why you’re awesome.