We’re looking for an experienced Django contractor.
Your new job-to-be
We’re not going to tell you what to do – we need someone organized and responsible to lead and manage the development of a project. You’ll be responsible for delivery of features on a regular sprint cadence with support from our team in the form of project management, code reviews, and quality assurance. We need you to be skilled at working within Django and experienced in writing Python. You should be proactive and clear in your communication - both written and verbal - so that we always know the status of the project. We need someone that’s not afraid to ask questions or pipe up with new ideas or solutions.
- Build scalable projects in Django for the lifecycle of the project
- Work with Yellow Pencil designers and front-end developers to collaborate and build easy-to-use content author interfaces
- Attend status and planning meetings with Yellow Pencil team members
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug complex issues
- Document your work for the rest of the team
As our next Developer, you’ll be joining our Edmonton or Vancouver team.
Who you are
We care about our culture here at YP. Your personality is just as important to us as your qualifications. We’re looking for somebody who is:
Interested and motivated
Our industry is changing every second. We need you to be ready, willing, and excited to keep up with it.
Already awesome, but ready to be awesomer
Be ready to get your hands dirty (not with actual dirt. Intellectual dirt). We won’t tell you what to do, we’ll collaborate with you to discover the best way to do it.
Always trying to get better
Training and development is a huge part of our values. We want you to be good at what you do, but we also want you to look for ways to get even better.
Ready to make an impact
The best part of Yellow Pencil? Anyone can help change how the company works. Got a better idea? Shout it out. Thought of something new? Make it happen.
Good on paper
Okay, your qualifications are important too.
- 2-5 years proven experience as a contractor or freelancer
- Experience communicating with clients one-on-one
- Strong familiarity with Django and Python
- You should know a thing or two about web development best practices
- You have some experience with Git or other version control systems
But hey, if your background doesn’t quite match up with this list, but you know you’ll be a perfect fit – tell us why. We’ll listen.
To be a catalyst for the digital transformation of the public sector.
- We value both collaboration and reflection
- We value both insight and optimization
- We value both craft and discipline
Working at Yellow Pencil means:
- A constant commitment to learning and growth
- Delivering the highest quality work possible on every project
- A people-first workplace. We want you to love being here as much as we do
- Work/life balance. We like that people have lives outside of the office
- An endless supply of fruit and snacks, and the occasional high five
So apply now!
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, and tell us why you’re awesome.