At Yellow Pencil, we’re transforming the public sector. We partner with governments and public sector organizations to help design and build citizen-centred digital solutions.
We’re looking for a full-time Content Strategist to join our team. In this role, you’ll work under the mentorship of our design strategist and collaborate with our team of experienced content strategists to evaluate current content (through content audits, gap analyses, and user testing), and develop content requirements, including sitemaps, content models, taxonomies, and style guides.
You’ll love this role if you’re passionate about information systems, user research, and governance planning. While we do help our clients with plain language training and some content creation, this isn’t a copywriting or content marketing role.
What you’ll do
- Plan and facilitate discovery research. Gather and define business requirements and user stories
- Translate discovery findings into actionable requirements. Articulate requirements and strategies to both client and internal teams
- Audit, analyze, plan, and craft high-quality content for complex public-sector web projects
- Design content structures, including content models, sitemaps, taxonomy, metadata schemas, etc.
- Oversee content production for projects: mentor and support client author teams; provide coaching on writing for the web and plain language standards; set timelines and keep teams on track
- Support the collaborative design of content workflows, governance and processes
- Create and maintain content documentation: style guides, voice and tone guides, quality checklists
- Support the planning, coordination, and management of content migrations
- Collaborate closely with designers, developers and project managers in a fast-paced agency environment
You’ll need to have
- 1–3 years experience in content strategy or a related field
- A degree or diploma in communications, library science, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with content and document management systems
- Experience creating and implementing content strategy deliverables, especially for large organizations
- Experience planning and/or conducting user and stakeholder research
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work collaboratively, in person and remotely, with co-workers and clients alike
If your experience doesn’t quite match up with this list, but you know you’ll be a great fit, we’d like to hear from you. We’re committed to adding diverse experience and new perspectives to our team.
As our next full-time Content Strategist, you’ll be joining either our Edmonton, AB or Vancouver, BC team.
The thanks you’ll get
- Competitive compensation rates
- Feedback based on regular 1:1 meetings with leadership
- Medical, dental, and extended health benefits
- Annual health spending account
- Monthly lifestyle spending account
- Annual education allowance
To be a catalyst for the digital transformation of the public sector.
- We value both collaboration and reflection
- We value both insight and optimization
- We value both craft and discipline
Working at Yellow Pencil means:
- A constant commitment to learning and growth
- Delivering the highest quality work possible on every project
- A people-first workplace. We want you to love being here as much as we do
- Work/life balance. We like that people have lives outside of the office
So apply now!
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, and tell us why you’re awesome.