We specialize in responsive website design and web development for cities and governments. We partner with our government clients to help them get great at the web: better online services, more efficient processes, and lower cost of operations.
Our municipal and government clients
Smart cities getting even smarter
Get started with a government web audit
We’ll audit your online communications and help you build a new web strategy. Contact us to find out how
We understand web design for cities and governments
We know 'em, we love 'em
Municipalities and governments face a lot of unique challenges in their web communications:
- Limited time, resources, and capacity
- Unpredictable budget cycles
- Challenging procurement processes
- High visibility
- Constant need to demonstrate value
- Pressure to maintain cost effectiveness
- Stringent regulatory requirements (especially for accessibility)
- Huge scope of services
- Constant public review and feedback
- High expectations from constituents
We get results for city websites
It's all about the outcomes
We understand your challenges through our years of working with the municipal sector. We know how to make the most of your budget to deliver the results you need:
- The City of Surrey saw a 344% increase in web traffic after we redesigned Surrey.ca in 2009. Then in 2013, mobile traffic increased 106% and tablet traffic went up 80% when we relaunched a responsive web design version of Surrey.ca.
- We reduced the amount of content on the City of Edmonton website from 11,000 pages to 5,000 pages. This reduces their total cost of ownership, and saves money in maintenance and review costs.
- We helped define the City of Surrey’s web governance. We helped create the web team that now manages their online communications – right down to writing job descriptions, consulting on how to fit a web team into their organizational chart, and conducting interviews.
- Many cities have to manage program and class registration. We helped City of Edmonton and City of Surrey residents find and register for City programs, using web and iPhone applications built on Active Network’s Class application. Learn more about our work with Class software on our blog.
Our government website projects
See what we're made of. See what we made.
This project was the definition of a true partnership: we collaborated with the Red Deer team to deliver the best possible solution.
We built a brand new responsive website design for the City of Surrey municipal government. Now they’re ready for whatever the future might bring.