It's been a world of laughter and a world of tears (tears of laughter, that is) at Yellow Pencil in 2011. And, like any self-respecting web agency, we know that the best way to commemorate the year's events is with a year in review blog post! Here are a few highlights:
- We delivered over 50 web projects this year, including the ground-breaking Surrey Elections site, a redesigned Edmonton.com, a mobile version of the AlbertaCanada.com immigration site, enhancements to the Open Text Solutions Exchange, and a strategic plan for web for the City of Red Deer.
- We started working with some fantastic new clients, including the City of Vancouver, Investors Group, Mackenzie Financial, Key Curriculum, the Energy Resources Conservation Board, and Alberta Finance and Enterprise.
- We continued our work with other great clients, including the City of Surrey, the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, the City of Edmonton, Alberta Employment and Immigration, Alberta Medical Association, Alberta Health Services, and the Edmonton Economic Development Corporation.
- Steve spoke at approximately 10000000000000000 conferences, including the Future of Web Design New York, HOW Interactive, and SXSW Interactive
- Our client the City of Surrey won a GTEC award for their website redesign and implementation.
- Jon made a Yellow Pencil pumpkin for Halloween, 'cause he's hardcore like that.
- We invented at least 2 memes. You just haven't heard of them yet.
- We moved offices! This one is bigger and less orange. Highlights include: a cool-lookin' freight elevator, a death room (no, you don't want to see it), and a floating shark.
- We posed for our very own class photo (see above), thanks to the continuing awesomeness of Dustin at Laughing Dog Photography.
- We joined the Idea Market Design team with our own to strengthen our services for cities.
- We won the Open Text Web Site Management Partner of the Year Award! Not that we're letting it go to our heads.
- We hired 9 new fantastic team members. And hey, stay tuned for even more fresh faces in 2012.
- We adopted an unofficial office mascot, and some of us adopted kittens.
- Paul and Dave tried to go on vacation, mostly unsuccessfully.
- Dave checked in on Gowalla at an airport approximately 10000000000000000 times.
- We opened a brand new Vancouver office with our friends at the Status Bureau.
- We discovered (and, might I add, perfected) dubstep beatboxing.
- We finally launched our decade-in-the-making new website.
Thanks to everyone that's been a part of our most exciting year yet. We couldn't have done it without all our amazing clients and collaborators. Have a safe and restful holidays, and we'll see you back here for more internet adventures in 2012!