As our next full-time CMS Developer, you’ll be joining either our Edmonton or Vancouver team.
Who we are
Yellow Pencil is a web design and development shop based out of Edmonton, Vancouver, and Toronto. We work on big content problems for big (and big-ish) organizations.
We collaborate with clients to build web experiences that are sustainable and work for everyone, everywhere.
- We work as a team
- We master our craft
- We keep improving
- We respect and encourage ideas
Working at Yellow Pencil means:
- A constant commitment to learning and growth
- Delivering the highest quality work possible on every project
- A people-first workplace. We want you to love being here as much as we do
- Work/life balance. We like that people have lives outside of the office
- A team of great people that love each other (just not in “that” way)
- An endless supply of fruit and snacks, and the occasional high five
- Laser cat murals. Just sayin’
Who you are
We care about our culture here at YP. Your personality is just as important to us as your qualifications. We’re looking for somebody who is:
Interested and motivated
Our industry is changing every second. We need you to be ready, willing, and excited to keep up with it.
Already awesome, but ready to be awesomer
Be ready to get your hands dirty (not with actual dirt. Intellectual dirt). We won’t tell you what to do, we’ll collaborate with you to discover the best way to do it.
Always trying to get better
Training and development are a huge part of our values. We want you to be good at what you do, but we also want you to look for ways to get even better.
Ready to make an impact
The best part of Yellow Pencil? Anyone can help change how the company works. Got a better idea? Shout it out. Thought of something new? Make it happen.
Good on paper
Okay, your qualifications are important too.
- A degree or diploma in computer science or a related field
- 2–5 years experience in web publishing, application development or a related field
- Experience communicating with clients one-on-one and in groups
- Experience with proprietary and open source web content management systems such as OpenText WSM, Drupal, or Oracle WebCenter
- You should love and respect W3C standards
- You should know about WCAG and accessibility and why they’re important
- You should have excellent communication skills
But hey, if your background doesn’t quite match up with this list, but you know you’ll be a perfect fit – tell us why. We’ll listen.
We’re looking for a full-time CMS Developer.
We need a quick-thinking CMS developer that can use technology to solve big content problems. You’ll be working in enterprise web content management systems like OpenText Web Site Management (formerly RedDot) and Oracle WebCenter (formerly Stellent and FatWire), as well as open source web content management systems like Drupal. You’ll build big systems that focus on efficiency and ease of use. You’ll use web standards and best practice (and some old fashioned vim and vigor) to create elegant code and interfaces.
- Work with our UX team to define requirements, plan project architecture, and solve content problems
- Work with our design team to develop web, mobile and responsive design interfaces
- Work with Technical Architects to implement and extend our frameworks, and build system extensions that can be reused across projects
- Convert XHTML, CSS and XML templates to CMS interfaces
- Work with a wide range of web services to display static and dynamic content
- Build and document easy-to-use content author interfaces
- Document your work for the rest of the team
- Collaborate with the rest of the development team to solve problems and make things better
- Find better ways to deliver projects all the time
- Work with content authors and clients to make their tasks easier so they can create better content
The thanks you’ll get
- Competitive compensation rates
- Compensation based on experience and performance goals set in annual reviews
- Feedback based on 360 degree reviews from your supervisors and peers
- Medical, dental, and extended health benefits
- Annual health spending account
- Monthly fitness subsidy
- Annual education allowance
- More company sports teams than you ever dreamed possible. Unless your dreams include more than two
So apply now!
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, and tell us why you’re awesome.